November 14, 2012

Do What Matters Most

Guest Post by Charles Lee

#LiveForward

Life is Short. Do What Matters.

I know that we've heard it many times before. Life is short.


Yes, one out of every one person dies and none of us can predict when our day will come.


Since most idea-makers live in the realm of optimism (which is also one of our greatest strengths), it is quite possible that we may feel fairly invincible at times. The main drawback of this is that we may find ourselves doing things that may urgent in the present, but takes away from things that really matter to us at the end of the day. This may be as day-to-day as accomplishing daily goals or as significant as spending time wisely with those we truly love.


I've been trying to be more intentional of late to spend the majority of my time doing things that ultimately builds the things that matter most to me. This means that sometimes I have to say "no" to good opportunities. (I don't know about you, but this is extremely hard for me!) Staying focused is difficult and yet necessary. 


I know you know this. This is just a simple reminder for all of us to do what we know we ought to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!